Friday 3 October 2008

Poetry

Light filtered through the clearing,
Falling in slants of golden colour,
It lit the valley up.
The bright colours of the rainbow,
Twirling round, and round, and round.
The beauty and the feeling!
It’s impossible to describe.
My small bit of paradise.

The shaft of colour’s fading,
The light gone away,
A dim and dusty aura,
Takes the rainbow’s place.
The valley falls to twilight,
All sunlight now forgot,
The beauty still remains though,
The paradise does not.

There are no pretty colours,
There is no longer any light,
The time of sun has gone now,
And darkness fills my sight.
The cold is cruel and brittle,
The suffering long and fierce,
And only distant memories,
Of a paradise still exist.

There is no lovely valley,
There is no hope, just fear,
The world has been in darkness,
For many, many years.
Once there was brightness,
That lit this world right up,
But all that’s left here now,
Is a beauty that was left to rot.

The world has been poisoned,
Its soul destroyed by us,
For we are the people,
Of the planet earth.
We destroyed our world’s true beauty,
And spoiled her bright and lovely name,
We polluted and we poisoned,
And set the world aflame.


I mentioned I was good at poetry right?
^_^

Yours Forever
-Sky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!!! You rock at writing poetry! I love it! I wish I were that good. I like to write every now and then, but wow, you rock! Post some more, it rocks like heck! (I know, I keep saying Rocks)