Wednesday 24 September 2008

Story 3

I opened my eyes.
Light and dizzying colours hit me hard in the face.
I could make out shapes, moving shapes.
People.
Wailing noises hurt my ears.
People screaming.
People were screaming.
I tried to see past the colours and light; to see what was going on in front of me.
Red.
Blood.
Everywhere.
My blood.
The bus driver's blood.
The passengers' blood.
Blood.
Then there was metal, underneath the blood, with the blood.
The bus.
What had happened?
How could hitting me cause all this?
Oh.
Maybe hitting me wasn't what had caused this.
What had caused this?
Then it hit me.
A sharp blinding pain, coming from my legs, my chest, my head.
A high shrieking filled my ears.
It was me.
I yelled in horror and pain.
I yelled for as long as I could.
Then the Ambulances came.

No comments: