Friday 5 December 2008

Story 7

After a while the doctors finally seemed to get bored with me. It was evident I wasn’t going to die any second and although my brain had been ‘severely damaged’ I seemed to be healing up all right. But nothing the doctors could do could explain why my vision held the aura of a dream, why my dreams where so disturbed, and why my eyes where gradually growing paler. My once brown eyes where fading and turning slightly greyer.
But I was alive. Alive and getting better. I could almost walk, and my ribs where healing extremely fast. Amazing said the doctors, a miracle said my mum, annoying and down right boring, said I. As much as I revelled in the no-school schedule I was getting just a bit bored of sitting in bed all day. The highlight of my life was trying to walk; my left leg had also healed at an ‘extraordinary’ rate, which had delighted the doctors, who thought I must be some sort of superhuman. Which I’m not. I’m just plain old me, as they soon discovered.
So anyway back to me trying, rather pathetically, to walk. I grabbed the rail on the bed I lay on and heaved myself up. Since my ribs no longer where a problem and so I was free to move around as much as I liked. I then planted my feet, rather awkwardly on the floor and looked around the room. I’d never get used to the bright new colours I could see. I could sit and marvel at them for hours; which I often did for lack of anything better to do.
I then pushed my self upright, forcing my weight onto my legs. I hissed through my teeth as my legs buckled and I fell to the floor, my, good un- pain-killered, knee quickly bruising on the solid floor. I pulled it up to my chest and gazed angrily at the bright purple that spread to cover my knee. I glared at it, it looked so ugly, anyway weren’t bruises meant to appear gradually as opposed to instantly? Oh well.
My attempt to walk thwarted I struggled back into the bed and sighed. Colour spotting it was then.

I'll right more ASAP

Yours Forever
-Sky

No comments: