Monday 24 November 2008

Rightio... Story 5

Well, i haven't written my story, not the history project one for a while so here's the latest part...
#
The room was bright, like most hospital rooms, but the light was unusual; too bright. I stared around the room, there was something odd about the quality of light, it bounced of the walls, and off of the people standing around me. So that the edges of my vision was blurred in a white haze. I also couldn’t make out who the people standing around me were.
The lighting was like the way I viewed dreams, not quite real, not quite defined. But then again, my vision was probably impaired by the pain, blinding white pain, residing inside me, held off by quickly disappearing pain killers. Just then two people entered the room.
Someone spoke, but the noise didn’t make sense to me, I was too busy staring at the bright lights shining on the people who’d entered. They spoke again, I frowned the noise was annoying, almost painful. Too loud, it vibrated in my ears. I remembered they’d brought me water.
“Water!” I gasped, they turned to me, and someone held a shining white cylinder to me. I took it and gulped down the cool substance thankfully. The other people where talking again, I strained my ears to make sense of the sounds. I closed my eyes and it helped.
“How is she doctor?” A high voice asked, it was familiar, like the voice of my mum…
“Well it all depends on her, she suffered some serious injuries. Three of her ribs are broken, her right leg was crushed, and her brain was seriously damaged. We fixed her ribs and put a splint on her leg, but the part of her mid that was hurt… Well no ones ever had such serious damage and lived before. It’s a miracle she can even breathe, let alone ask for water.”
“What do you mean?”
“The part of her brain that controls her organs, her sight, speech and senses was seriously damaged. Leaving her with only the usually unused part of the brain intact.”
“Oh.”
Oh indeed. I couldn’t believe that I could be that hurt, how was I thinking now? How was I alive? Was it a miracle? How could this be happening to me? Me? It always happens to someone else, I’d never expected that I’d be the one sitting in hospital, my life hanging on how strong I was. But I had to be strong enough. I had to.
#

That's all for now

Yours Forever
-Sky

2 comments:

Katrina Tyuya said...

wow................ nice blog.............

Anonymous said...

Okay, creepy....
Like totally creepy
Blimey
Your an awesome writer